Winter Fun for Everyone!
1. New Events. This year Winterfest will introduce three new events on Saturday, January 24: Winterfest Bonfire Bash, Dumpster Dive and Long Johns Run. The Winterest Bonfire Bash will have music, movies on a large screen, fire jugglers and a dozen fire pits all in the Harborfront parking lot right downtown. In addition, there will be a Dumpster Dive to help the Tri-Cities Area Habitat for Humanity build more homes for families in need. There will also be a Long Johns run where you can win prizes running up Washington Avenue from the Bonfire Bash and back.
2. Kid Activities. Kids will be able to enjoy all the fun activities. On Saturday, January 24, the Tri-Cities Family YMCA will host from noon to 3 p.m. creative projects, balloons, face painting, bounce house, hamster & gerbil races, snow angels, and more!
3. Photography. There will be plenty of art to check out during the festivities. The Tri-Cities Historical Museum Akeley Building will be hosting a Photography Contest. This Friday, January 23, they will announce the winners of the contest from 6:30 to 8:00 p.m. All are welcome to attend and there will be refreshments.
4. Races and Competitions. There will be several races to compete in or watch January 23-25. This Friday, there will be an Intergalactic Human Sled Race. Get your team together to compete or join everyone down on First Street to watch the fun. On Saturday, there will be a Family Dog Pull and Cardboard Sled Race. Both races will be on Mulligan’s Hollow. On Sunday, there will be a Snowboard and Ski Competition on Mulligan’s Hollow. Check out Jack’s at last years competition.
5. Jack’s Waterfront Bistro + Bar. After a long day of dog pulls and cardboard sled races, stop out at Jack’s (located inside the Holiday Inn) and warm up next to our Tiki Bar with one of our signature Rum Bombers. A free event to attend with free hot chocolate and cookies for the kids, along with some fun activities!