As the only full service, dog-friendly hotel in the area, we wanted to suggest more dog-friendly activities to make your stay with us great! From a quick bite to eat to a run at the dog park or a stroll on the beach, here are a few of our favorite spots to enjoy with your best friend:
- Kirk Park Beach – This 600 ft. beach along Lake Michigan is located 10 minutes south of Grand Haven and has a designated area just for Fido and friends. Dogs can be off leash and jump in the water to cool off, so long as they stay within the fenced-in area.
- Grand Haven City Beach – The beach, just a short walk from Downtown, is another great place for your dog to enjoy the fresh waters of Lake Michigan. Dogs must remain leashed and stay south of the southerly swimming buoy.
- Must Love Dogs Boutique & Spa – Take your dog on a trip to this charming dog boutique on Washington Avenue. Must Love Dogs has natural dog food, treats, collars, accessories and more! You can even bring your dog in for a full-service spa treatment! Of course, dogs are always welcome inside.
- Grand Haven Lighthouse Connector Park Boardwalk – The 1 ½ mile boardwalk runs along the Grand River, past shops, parks and benches, all the way to the Pier on Lake Michigan. Enjoy a leisurely stroll, but please remember dogs are not permitted on the Pier.
- Ray’s Drive-In – A staple counter-style hamburger joint on your way into Grand Haven. They have an outside eating area where you can enjoy a bite to eat in the sunshine of “Coast Guard City, USA” with Fido!
- Pronto Pup – Grab a famous “hot dog on a stick” to go and take your pet to window shop Downtown or a stroll down the Boardwalk!
Off-Leash Dog Parks
- Grand Haven Dog Park – Located in East Grand River Park
- Spring Lake Dog Park – Located in Central Park
- Ferrysburg Dog Park – Located at the west end of Coast Guard Park
- North Ottawa Dunes – Must remain leashed and stay on designated trails. Dogs are not permitted on dune stairs.
- Connor Bayou – 142 acres along the Grand River. Dogs must remain leashed and stay on designated trails.
- Hiawatha Forest – 365 acres in Grand Haven Township. Dogs are allowed on or off leash year-round.
- For more open space land parks in Ottawa County, visit the Ottawa County Parks & Recreation website.
And just because we love our pets and would hate for anything to happen to them:
Grand Haven Animal Hospital
13000 168th Ave, Grand Haven, MI 49417
To book a room at Holiday Inn Grand Haven-Spring Lake for you and your pet, please call 1-888-407-6675 or visit us online. Dog-friendly rooms are available by request for a nominal fee with a dollar of every pet stay donated to the Muskegon Human Society.